Fort Moultrie is situated on Sullivan's Island across the harbor from Fort Sumter. The Fort has a 171 year history from 1776 - 1947. Its purpose had always been to protect Charleston harbor. This Fort started during the revolution and ended with WWII.
Over the years it has had a variety of names and configurations given the technology changes over the course of 171 years.
Photo Album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/KysNwvdFJfBq15kq7